Thursday, February 12, 2009

Mini Update

Today is Friday, February 13th, 2009; the time is 7:35 in the am.

In an about face, I decided not to take the raffle-ticket-selling job, but of course there was no backup job waiting for me. Over the past several days I have redoubled my efforts and have resigned myself to the fact that some of the things I really wanted to get involved with (namely a bible study group at Cate's church (which I suppose is also my church now, haha) and rugby) might have to be tabled for a while because initially, I was just looking for 9-5 type jobs that would allow me to participate in those activities, but now I have to cast a wider net.

In less sombre news, this will be a BIG weekend! Tonight Cate and I are going to the Western Force (Super 14 rugby, some of the highest levels of rugby in the world) season opener! Tomorrow we are helping to recruit local kids to play basketball, then Cate has a game of her own, and then we have valentines day/night dinner at a restaurant with which Cate is surprising me! On Sunday morning I am watching the NBA All Star Game with some guys from church then rushing back to Cate's house to help her host a little bbq lunch, then church, and finally, I'll head back down to Mandurah.

I promise to try to get some pictures up on the blog at the beginning of next week!


Zip it up. And zip it out.

1 comment: