Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Party Time.

Not sure if you have heard... but Cate and I are getting married!

So, Cate's parents decided to throw us an engagement party (several weeks ago... sorry for the late update) at our favorite Aussie restaurant; Mela, an Indian restaurant.

The photographic evidence follows.

This cake was actually made for us and presented by a friend before the engagement party, but I just thought that I would throw it in too.

These are two of the approximately five glasses of champagne consumed at our party. We thought people would want to celebrate with some bubbly, so we bought TWELVE bottles; whoopsie daisy.

The two of us with a comically angry Vono and cheery Shannon.

Bryan, Cate, Jordan, Annabelle. Happy family :)


Jess and Jenna Haak (cousins) demonstrating the elusive awkward face/ T-Rex arms combination.




(1) Us with church friends; Aleesa, Seb, and Giles. (2) Us with work friends; Jorge/ Allison (the hosts of the Latin American dinner mentioned in the previous blog), Jane, Jen, and Wavey.

(3) Me with the guys from church; Phil, Ben-O, and Kieron. (4) Upper corridor shot.

Cate with three out of four brisdesmaids; Kate, Rae, and Jess.

Excellent chocolate cake... looking forward to more at the wedding? Maybe? Hm, I guess I actually have a say in that, hey? haha


Lower corridor shot.



:)



2 comments:

  1. Hi Jordan and Cate, thanks for sharing the additional photos and thanks for the time clock. It it very helpful.
    I applied for my passport today in prep for my trip to Australia. We are still looking at the prices for flight and other things. I'm believing God will provide a good flight for us. That's great about Jacob's trip to Australia. I hope to spend at least two weeks there to see the country.
    I need to check out weather conditions, I thought it would be summer there in January but it appears you guys are having summer now? Anyway I'll have it together by that time. ha ha.
    I've been busy working on our landscape in this hot weather. But have been getting out in the mornings. Trying to get it together before I leave for the family reunion in Chicago.
    Take care and lots of love to you and Cate.

    ReplyDelete